WGWG's constitution states that membership of the Group shall be open to those who:
- Are self-accepting queers
- Accept the constitution and rules of the Group
- Agree to be available to make a substantial contribution to the Group's work through one or more of its projects
- Are accepted by the Group on a consensus basis.
In May we agreed to amend our guidelines for accepting new members. You will now need to complete all initial training and:
- Do 8 duties with trained helpliners or
- successfully take at least 5 solo counselling calls whilst on duty with trained helpliners or
- be active with the Group for at least 6 months or
- be accepted for another reason as agreed by the members.
We will formally change the Helpline Rules shortly.